When you are already wearing the engagement ring and are set to plan your dream wedding, you will need a guide to get started. There are lots of things to prepare for - the wedding itself, the reception, clothes, and motifs. It is hard to figure out where to start. With a guide, you can get everything done in a prioritized manner.
1. Settle the guest list. It will be better to use the computer for this as it makes alphabetizing or categorizing names and groups easier. There are also tools to assist you determine an estimate of the number of people who will attend. Usually 15 percent of people cannot come to the wedding. So, cut this figure off of your guest list and use this is a base. It is safe to say that 10 to 20 percent of invited individuals are unable to attend.
2. Decide on a budget. One has to be realistic when planning a wedding. This once-in-a-lifetime experience does not come cheap. Thus, it is always best to work with a budget. This will determine how much you are willing to shell out for certain categories and how frugal you want to be on other categories.
3. Find a venue. When considering certain venues always consider the following factors: budget, number of guests, ideal ambience, and motif. If you have places in mind do not settle until you have seen everything else. Try looking at bridal magazines and asking around to get in touch with the people in the know.
4. Choose a date. This usually comes after the ideal location’s availability has been determined. Once this is done, then real planning can begin.
5. Select the entourage. Always think twice about the people you want to surround you during the wedding. Bridesmaids must be wholeheartedly willing to help with the wedding, ask these people in advance so they can adjust their schedules.
6. Interview all the services you will need for the day. Find the best services at the most reasonable price for catering, music, cakes, photography and videos, and floral arrangement. Again, one can get ideas from bridal magazines and asking professionals.
7. Shop for your gown and suit. It is ideal for the bride and groom’s ensembles to match. These need to be perfect, so choose wisely. When this is done, it is time to seal the deal by preparing and sending out the ‘save the dates.’
After accepting the engagement rings, say ‘I do’ without stress and worry knowing that early wedding planning paid off.
Sofia Angeli is a PR & communications consultant for companies in various industries. In particular, she brings her writing skills and passion for travel, culture, arts and lifestyle, including wedding planning and engagement rings, to the online world.