Step One – Prepare the Gift for Wrapping
- Preparing the gift for wrapping involves a few quick steps. First, you remove the price tag and attach a gift receipt (if applicable) by taping it to the bottom of the gift. Next, secure the gift box by taping it close along two sides of the box.
- Unroll the wrapping paper to the left hand side. Place your gift box upside down onto the laid out wrapping paper. Estimate the height of your gift box and add 2 inches to that measurement. The sum determines how far from the wrapping paper edge you want to place the gift box. If your gift box height is 1 inches, place the box edge 3 inches from the edge of the wrapping paper. Unroll the wrapping paper to the left 3 inches from the gift box. Now you are ready to do your cut.
Step Three – Create a Seamless Edge
- Once you have made your cut, return the gift box 3 inches from the edge and fold the paper over the edge of the box. This will leave 2 inches of paper on top of the box. Place tape to secure the wrapping paper.
- Flip the gift box over so that the bottom of the box is face down. Allow 3 inches of wrapping paper and cut the excess paper.
- Flip the box over so that the unsecured wrapping paper is on top. Fold the paper over the side of the box and run your fingers along the box edge to create a crease in the paper. Lift up the paper and fold the paper along the crease.
- Lay the folded wrapping paper edge along the gift box edge and tape down. Now you have a seamless edge.
Step Four – Create Sharp Edges
- Finish wrapping the gift by folding the sides accordingly. Be sure to always fold the paper under to keep the seamless finish on the box. Once the box is fully wrapped, run your fingers along all sides of the box by creating a fold in the wrapping paper. Now you have a sharp finish to your gift.
To finish the gift, top it off with a ribbon. Watch the video below for step-by-step instructions.
Have a blessed event.
Divine Events offers event planning services for every budget. Personalized wedding accessories and gifts are available through our secure website at http://www.divineevents.biz.